Paulo Malo was born in Portuguese Angola (an overseas territory of Portugal until 1975) and moved to mainland Portugal in the 1960s in order to study dental medicine in Lisbon. He received his graduate degree at the Faculty of Dental Medicine from the University of Lisbon in 1989.
Together with his medical and clinical research team, he began the development of the All-on-4 technique. Implemented in 1998, this innovative approach is recognized by the medical community as one of the most significant advances in the field of Implant Dentistry.
In 1995, he founded the Malo Clinic. Huge success in the years that followed led to exponential growth, giving rise to one of the most international healthcare groups today Malo Clinic Health & Wellness, a health care and wellness business with presence in Europe, Canada, Brazil, China and the USA.
Throughout his career, he has also received several distinctions and awards for his medical breakthroughs as well as management, leadership and entrepreneurial skills. His health care and wellness business have been widely reported in Portuguese and international media.
- Attended Grade School in Namibe, Angola
- Attended High School in Cape Town, South Africa
- Attended Marine Biology Degree in Cape Town, South Africa
- Attended Medicine Degree in Coimbra University
- Degree in Dental Medicine at University of Lisbon, Portugal in 1989
- Professional Training Course in Agriculture and Small Ruminant at the Training College “Associaçao dos Jovens
Agricultores do Sul” (Young Farmers Association of the South), Portugal in 1996
- PhD in Oral Biology from the Sagrado Coraçao University, Bauru, Brazil in 2009.
- Professional Certification No 606 (Portugal)
- Certified to practice in Europe and China
- Exclusive private practice in Oral Surgery and Prosthetic Rehabilitation
- President and CEO of MALO CLINIC
- Visiting Professor of the Vita-Salute San Raffaele University, in Milan
- Visiting Professor of the “Central European Osseointegration Centre” in Gdansk,Poland
- Visiting Professor at the Faculty at Odontology Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul – Brazil
- Visiting Professor at the S. Leopoldo de Mandic University, Sao Paulo – Brazil
- Visiting Professor at the Sagrado Coraçao University, Bauru – Brazil