We are constantly striving to improve the delivery of top quality dental treatment and patient care. This has always been at the forefront of everything we do at Malo Smile USA. We do not settle for less when it comes to achieving the highest possible degree of patient satisfaction.
The quality of patient care is essentially determined by the quality of infrastructure, the use of cutting edge technology, quality of training, competence of personnel and efficiency of operational systems. Everything we do is based on the Malo Brand principle, which is the ability of adopting a system that is 100% patient orientated and which focuses entirely on getting the best results for every single patient we care for. You can rest assured, you are in safe hands.
But the best intentions, the best technology and the most modern offices means little, if the level of professional excellence and the medical knowledge of our dentists is not equally the very best.
Our parent company Malo Clinic with its headquarter in Lisbon , Portugal, is represented in 5 Continents, 17 countries and 56 cities sets the global standards for dental care. Malo Smile USA sets the same standards in the USA.
In charge and responsible for all the dental facilities of Malo Smile USA is Dr. Shankar Iyer.
Dr. Shankar Iyer is a director of Malo Smile USA, and has complete oversight in all matters related to dental and patient care of the Malo Brand in the USA, ensuring that all patients receive top quality treatment based on the latest medical and technological principles. At Malo Smile every single patient benefits from a deep knowledge of dentistry second to none, which is backed up by the ongoing and global Malo Education system.
About Dr. Iyer
Shankar Iyer DDS, MDS graduated with honors from the New York University College of Dentistry in 1994 and went on to pursue graduate studies in Prosthodontics from the same University.
He taught as a clinical Assistant Professor for several years at NYU’s department of Post Graduate Prosthodontics.
Currently he holds two appointments in the departments of Periodontics and Prosthodontics at Rutgers’ University Dental School, New Jersey.
Dr. Iyer is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry and a Fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry. He has lectured in over 30 countries and presented at over 100 symposia in Implant Dentistry and Prosthodontics.
He has several publications in peer-reviewed journals and mentors graduate residents to present posters and table clinics. Dr. Iyer is uniquely qualified to perform both the surgical and restorative phases of implant dentistry.
His patients come from all over the world and he has maintained his patient base for over 20 years. Besides teaching and treating dentists in the United States, Dr. Iyer has taught and trained over 3000 dentists from around the world.
He is the Director of the prestigious AAID Implant Maxicourse held in Asia with centers in Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi, New Delhi, Bangalore and Sri Lanka. He co-directs these courses in Las Vegas and at Rutgers, New Jersey.
Dr. Iyer was inducted as a Fellow in the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow and has Fellowships in reputed organizations such as the Greater New York Academy of Prosthodontists, and the Dental Facial Esthetics Academy. Patients attest to Dr. Iyer’s skills and abilities due to his objective approaches in treatment planning.
His treatment recommendations are based on accurate diagnosis and a thorough evaluation of his patient’s needs. His customized and personalized plans are all evidence-based and provides for contingencies.
Dr. Iyer is also a frequent recipient of “America’s Top Dentists” is an award given by the Consumer Research Council of America.
His services for the American Academy of Implant Dentistry earned him the recognition as an “Honored Fellow”. He currently holds the position of President for the American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID) and regularly participates in volunteering for the Annual Meetings of the Academy as a Scientific Chair.
- Former President AAID
- Clinical Asst. Professor, Departments of PG Periodontics, PG Prosthodontics and Implant Fellowship Programs,Rutgers University, NJ, USA.
- Program Chairman, 61st AAID Annual Meeting, Washington DC
- Course Director, AAID Maxicourse Asia – Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi, New Delhi and Bangalore
- AAID NE District Trustee (2005 – 2009)
- Past President NE District, AAID
- Program Chairman, AAID Annual Meetings (2007, 2009, 2012, 2015)
- Diplomat, American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry
- Fellow, American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Editorial Board, Journal of Oral Implantology
- Chairman Global Committee, AAID
- Private Practice limited to Implant Dentistry and Prosthodontics
- Fellow, Greater New York Academy of Prosthodontists
- Co-Director AAID Maxicourses – Las Vegas, Rutgers University, Iran, Egypt and Malta.
- Fellow, International Academy of Dental Facial Esthetics
- Visiting Faculty, NYUCD – Department of PG Prosthodontics
- Conducted courses and made presentations in over 30 countries
- Published several articles in peer-reviewed journals
- Board of Directors, AAID Research Foundation
- Director, Smile USA Center for Reconstructive Dentistry
- President, Smile USA Center for Educational Excellence